Charming idea, isn't it? The best laid plans...
Alas, another year has passed without the creation of the above monument to thankfulness. Maybe next year. For now, just a moment to pause and give thanks:
- I am thankful for my family. The family tree. Including the nuts (if you are reading this, no, you are NOT one of the nuts. Trust me). The leaves are few but beautiful, and some have fallen this season.
- I am thankful for the blessings of a lovely home, cracked plaster and all.
- I am thankful to live in a country where dissent and worship are freely practiced.
- I am thankful for my friends, of all types, areas, levels ... I am thankful for this season of life - as frustrating as it is at times, I have two young children and that will never happen again.
- I am thankful -- exceedingly thankful -- for the good health of my husband.
- I am thankful for God's grace - that it is available each day, new every morning. I'm thankful that I get a daily do-over ... for my entire life. I SO need that.